As part of the commemoration of the International Year of the Reef 2018, Amigos de Sian Ka’an (ASK), launches the photo contest “Monitors of the Reef”.
Focused on the promoting the natural beauty of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef or commonly known as the Great Mayan Reef in Mexico and the conservation of the associated species.
This contest will help to raise awareness among the general public about the importance of marine ecosystems and the constant threats that these natural systems suffer by the daily activities of human beings. That’s why the pictures should be about reefs and the species that live within. They can be extensive underwater landscapes or small details of nature, actions in favor of the marine environment or even reefs throughout time.
The judging panel: Humberto Bahena, Luis Javier Sandoval & Pepe Soho
Deadline for submissions: 30th July, 2018.
Guidelines (in brief)
- Photograph(s) must show the richness and beauty of the biodiversity of different ecosystems we have on the Mesoamerican Reef in Mexico (flora, fauna, landscaping).
- The participating photo(s) must be in colour should not be digitally manipulated, only adjustment of brightness and contrast is allowed.
- Maximum of 5 photos submitted per person.
- From the photographs received, the jury will select 20 that will become part of an itinerant exhibition through the Yucatan Peninsula.
How do you submit your photographs?
The participant must send their photograph(s) to email@example.com, with a document in Word with:
- Name of the author
- Title of the photos
- Technical information of each photograph
- Date of the shot and place (location and state)
- Description and / or message (s) that you want to transmit through the photo (s) (maximum 50 words).
For more information please see the attached documents.