On the occasion of World Oceans Day, the Aquarium Tropical is organising the 2nd edition of the Ocean Festival at the Porte Dorée Palace.
At a time when the seas are increasingly threatened by human activities, the Aquarium Tropical offers a free appointment to marvel, educate and understand the stakes that weigh on 71% of the surface of our planet.
For a weekend open to all, the Ocean Festival offers visitors of all ages, specialists or simple curious, exhibitions, workshops, conferences, games, screenings, a costume ball, theater and tasting of seafood prepared by great chefs.
The various activities and events will focus on:
- biodiversity of marine species and its preservation
- pollution by plastics
- the effects of global warming and acidification
- marine chemical and biological resources
- responsible fishing
Inside and outside, the Ocean Festival is installed in all spaces of the Palaceand will include;
- Workshops, stands and small exhibitions in the Forum and the Marie Curie Hall
- Screenings, meetings, performances, quizzes in the auditorium with the master of ceremonies of the animator Fred Courant of L’esprit sorcier
- Cyclops Exhibitions: ‘Ocean Explorer’ and ‘Coral – what an animal!’ at the Tropical Aquarium
- Special events on Palazzo, the ephemeral terrace of the Palace: tastings, costume ball, concerts
All activities are open to all ages from 7 years old unless otherwise stated.