The next Conference of the Parties (CoP) to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) will be taking place between the 17th and 29th of November in Sharm el-Sheikh.
This year the International Coral Reef Initiative (ICRI) will have a booth during the first week (17th-22nd November) of the convention at the CEPA fair (located in Building 1). At the booth, we will be displaying images of some of the amazing and inventive ways people from around the world have celebrated the IYOR. There will be guest speakers from a number of organisations stopping by to present their work on coral reefs and hold Q&As. We will have short film screenings including a shortened version of the Emmy award-winning film Chasing Coral. We will also have the opportunity to give visitors the chance to try a Virtual Reality (VR) dive into the coral reefs of the world.
We have compiled a list of all of the coral reef related events that will be taking place during the Conference (see attached document). Including:
- 15/11/18 – Coral 20/20 at 18:00 in the Event Tent, Blue Zone
- 22/11/18 –The International Year of the Reef 2018 at 10:00 at the CEPA fair
- 23/11/18 – Sustainable Ocean Day all day at the Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- Voices of Coral Reefs from 10:00-11:00
- 25/11/18 –Investments in Corals Reefs Can Help Achieve Multiple Biodiversity and Sustainable Development Goals at 13:15 in the Aswan-JUSCANZ Room, Building 2